The Inspire Fitness Cardio Strider CS4 comes with unique linear path pedals that offer simple back and forth reciprocating leg movement that minimizes hip rotation and reduces knee stress while engaging your glutes and leg muscles.
The CS4 provides an effective cardiovascular workout by combining upper and lower body flexibility and coordination into one impact-free motion and is easier on your joints. Regular use of elliptical trainers will increase heart and lung capacity while improving your health and burning calories.
The Silent Poly V Belt Drive System provides quiet operation. The Inspire Fitness Cardio Strider CS4 uses 20 levels of ECC eddy current magnetic brake resistance. Also, magnetic resistance has the advantage of no friction, reliability, little to no maintenance costs, and quiet operation.
The Inspire Fitness CS4’s console is straightforward and easy to use and features a bright blue backlit LCD that’s easy to view in both low light and bright light. The CS4 allows up to 10 user profiles, and the LCD screen displays motivating workout stats, including time, speed, distance, calories, and heart-rate.
Learn more in my complete review below
Product: Inspire Fitness Cardio Strider CS4
Warranty: Residential / Lifetime on Frame / 5 Years on Parts / 1 Year on Labor (see commercial warranty below)
My rating: 9.4/10
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post.
Details and Specifications
- 72’’ Length
- 36’’ Width
- 55’’ Height
- Weight: 600 pounds/272 kg
- Supports a maximum user weight capacity of 350 pounds (158.7 kg)
- Dual water bottle holders
- Tablet holder
- Seat: Recumbent seat, adjustable backrest, motorized height adjustment, swivels 90 degrees to the left and the right, save up to 4 different seat positions
- Handlebars: Dual-action handlebars: Static handlebar with EKG sensors and the Quick Release moveable handlebars
- Console: Telemetry enabled, Blue backlit LCD, displays Watts, RPM, Calories Burned, Distance, and Pulse
- Polar T31 Chest Strap included
- Pedals: Linear paths, 12-15 inches adjustable stride length
- Drive: Poly V belt drive system
- Resistance: Friction-free Electromagnetic resistance system, 20 resistance levels
- Electric powered, AC adapter included
- Residential Warranty: Lifetime on Frame / 5 Years on Parts / 1 Year on Labor
- Light Commercial Warranty: 10 Years on Frame / 2 Years on Parts / 1 Year on Labor
CS4 Frame Construction
The Inspire Fitness Cardio Strider CS4 is sturdy and has innovative features that could help you actualize your fitness goals. It features a light commercial-grade construction that supports up to 350 pounds (158.7 kg) maximum user weight. It’s grounded because the machine weighs 600 pounds/272 kg.
It is stable because of its base framework that features a rounded steel stabilizer bar at the front and the rear bases. There are also rubber levelers underneath them that can grip onto the floor. Therefore, the CS4 is highly stable and grounded, and that no intense workout could make it wobble or move.
It is slightly larger than the previous models and should require a little bit of space. Its overall assembled dimensions are 72 inches long by 36 inches wide by 55 inches tall. Therefore, the required workout space area for it is 6’ long by 3’ wide size and a ceiling height of at least 7 feet.
Its low step-thru design and the seat that swivels 90 degrees to the left and the right is a big deal for most users, especially those undergoing physical therapy rehab, arthritis, and the elderly folks.
Seat, the Handlebars, and the Pedals
The seat on the CS4 is a recumbent seat that has a solid backrest. Both the seat and the backrest are padded and contoured to provide optimum comfort that enables users to work longer without knowing it.
The backrest is easily adjustable to 3 different angles. Simultaneously, the seat has a motorized height adjustment (adjustment via the console) that manually saves you the trouble of doing so. The seat swivels to the left and the right for easy access.
It is also possible to save up to 4 different seat positions. Thus, the positions are reusable in future workouts without adjusting to a new position.
The strider features a set of moveable handlebars and a static handle with the EKG sensors embedded in it so that the user’s pulse displays when held during a workout.
The moveable handlebars make it possible for the upper body to benefit from exercise. They have Quick Release Handles that are adjustable so that the chest, back, biceps, and triceps muscle groups get targeted.
They also come with a soft rubber foam material that provides comfort and a secure grip.
The pedals are oversized, antiskid designed, and 12-15 inches of adjustable stride length. Their overall design provides linear motion (instead of circular motion) that eliminates stress in the joints.
The Cardio Strider’s pedals allow your feet placement to be in front instead of below you, creating a back and forth leg reciprocating movement that feels natural.
The CS4 comes with a belt drive system. The drive system consists of a belt, a pulley, and the perimeter weighted flywheel.
The drive provides a silent and smooth operation that makes it possible to train in front of the TV or listen to good music. Furthermore, the family or the neighbors won’t feel bothered by your exercise activities either.
Moreover, the drive system is maintenance-free; thus, it doesn’t require any post lubrication or adjustment.
Cardio Strider CS4 has a frictionless electromagnetic resistance system that features 20 resistance levels suitable for everyone that wishes to lose weight and improve overall physical fitness with low-impact cardio exercises.
The resistance system is motorized; thus, it is only adjustable via the console.
The fact that it is a frictionless resistance system means no wearing parts.
Accordingly, the console on the CS4 has many exciting and innovative features, including the large blue backlit monitor, several navigational buttons, the 12 preset programs, ten user profiles, and the built-in tablet holder.
The display has good readability that a poorly-lit environment cannot diminish. It displays workout data such as Watts, Distance, RPM, Calories Burned, and Pulse.
The console is also telemetry enabled and compatible with Polar T31 Chest Strap, which comes included in the package. Therefore, you can use it to track and maintain your target heart rate zone instead of using the handgrip heart rate sensor.
In detail, the 12 preset programs include six auto-resistance (rolling hills, mountain climb, peak, strength interval, and hill interval), three focus, and three heart rates.
Also, there are ten user profiles available. This means that ten users can store personal data such as age, gender, and weight that the machine needs to provide accurate workout data.
The storage of the Cardio Strider CS4 will require a little bit of space. In particular, it needs a storage area of 6’ long by 3’ wide and should be stored indoors, never exposing to excessive sunlight, moisture, or rainwater.
The machine’s relocation process is made easy (even though it weighs 600 lbs) by the equipped handle at the front base and the rear plate’s transport wheels.
CS4 Assembly and Maintenance
The CS4 recumbent elliptical machine does not come pre-assembled. However, it is delivered with the core components pre-assembled. Therefore, you’ll have to connect the front and the rear stabilizer bars, the console mast, the console, the seat, the handlebars, and the pedals to the core unit.
The CS4 doesn’t need any significant maintenance that requires lubrication or adjustments. You need to constantly examine the strider before using it for any loose or broken parts and retighten if necessary to prevent an accident or further damage it. It would then be best if you kept it clean from dirt and sweat before and after use.
- It is superlatively sturdy and stable;
- It supports 350 pounds/158.7 kg maximum user weight; designed for heavy users;
- It has an innovative seat that swivels 90 degrees to the left and the right for easy access;
- The seat has a motorized height adjustment that adjusts via the console;
- The seat’s backrest has three different reclining positions;
- It features a low step-thru design;
- The moveable handlebars are adjustable to other positions that support workouts that target the back, chest, biceps, and triceps;
- The cardio machine has two sets of handlebars; the static handlebar that has the EKG sensors on it and the moveable handlebars;
- The console is telemetry enabled, and Polar T31 Chest Strap comes included with the machine;
- The machine features 12 preset programs that include six auto resistance, three focus, and three heart rate;
- Ten user profiles enable ten different users to enter and store data such as age, gender, and weight for accurate workout data output by the machine;
- The pedals are oversized and have a linear path design that eliminates stress in the joints;
- Stride Length is adjustable, ranging from 12″ to 15″;
- Transport wheels included;
- The blue backlit LCD tracks workout data such as Watts, Distance, RPM, Calories Burned, and Pulse with outstanding clarity;
- The operation is smooth and quiet;
- Low maintenance;
- Good warranty;
- 20 electromagnetic resistance levels that offer easy and challenging workouts;
- The machine provides low impact full-body workouts;
- Water bottle holders for hydration come included with the machine;
- 30-day risk-free return.
- No online connectivity;
- No sound system or a cooling fan;
- The LCD may get blocked when something is on the tablet holder.
Inspire Fitness Cardio Strider CS4 Summary
The Inspire Fitness Cardio Strider CS4 is a suitable machine for physical therapy clinics and home use. Specifically, it is a rehab machine that provides quality cardiovascular exercises without making the joints sore.
What sets this model apart from others is the motorized seat height adjustment and the swivel seat for easy entry on the machine. Also, the backrest has 3 Reclining Positions, and the Stride Length is adjustable, ranging from 12″ to 15″.
Moreover, a weighted flywheel provides smoother strides, and the static & moving handlebars offer a full cross-training workout. Lastly, the quick release handles allow for the chest, back, biceps, and triceps muscle groups to get targeted.
I hope you found this article helpful and informative. If you have anything you’d like to share or opinions about the content on my website, please speak up. I look forward to your comments, questions, and the sharing of ideas.